We are very proud of our
Pre-Kindergarten Little Clippers Program
and welcome all applicants!
- Our PreK program is 100% New York State grant-funded and located at the Germantown Elementary School.
- The grant allows for a maximum of 38 children per year.
- Children must be age 4 by December 1st of the school year they register for.
- Registration begins in early spring of the prior school year and applications are asked to be submitted prior to May 30th.
- Registration forms are available on our district website for download and may be mailed or hand-delivered to Germantown Elementary School, 123 Main Street, Germantown, NY 12156. Families will be contacted to schedule a PreK screening in the late Spring.
If more than 38 students are registered as of May 30th, a lottery will be held on June 1st. The first 38 student names drawn in a random drawing will be admitted to the program. The remaining students will be placed on a waiting list in the order they were drawn. Students who register after the drawing will also be placed on the waiting list.
Students with disabilities (SWDs) and students who are English Language Learners (ELLs) will be given preference in the program. SWDs and ELLs who have registered by May 30th will be placed in the program prior to the drawing. SWDs and ELLS who register after a drawing, will be moved to the top of the waiting list.
Here is a typical daily schedule, which may be subject to change depending on weather and other school events. Please be sure to wear sneakers each day for playground time, especially on PE days!
8:00-8:10 – Arrival
8:10-8:55 – Circle and Center Time
9:00-9:40 – Special (Music, Art, Library/Computer, PE)
9:40-9:50 – Music and Movement / Bathroom break
9:50-10:40 – Recess
10:40-11:00 – Circle / Story Time / Wash up
11:00-11:40 – Lunch
11:40-12:50 – Rest Time
12:50-1:45 – Center Time
1:45-2:05 – Snack
2:05-2:35 – Pack up, Circle Time, Dismissal