On Wednesday, October 25, the Germantown Central School District Board of Education voted in favor of putting a Capital Project referendum out to the public, which will address safety, accessibility, and opportunity. The special vote will be held on December 19, 2023.
The Capital Project will not exceed a maximum cost of $13,918,711, with $2 million of Capital Reserve funds being used to help offset the cost to taxpayers.
We value input from our community. If you have any questions regarding the Project, please fill out this form which will help us to create a FAQ that we will share in the coming weeks.
Below is a list of items that will be included in this Capital Project:
- Repair and remediate damages as a result of basement flooding
- Demolish existing Maintenance Facility and build new Maintenance Facility
- Site work, including Install sewer line to Route 9G; Repave North Parking Lot and Bus Loop; Install fire apparatus access path to fields; Replace steps to cafeteria entrance; install sidewalks around auditorium
- Roof repairs and restoration
- Locker Room renovation
- Bathroom renovations
- Demolish and replace Playground
- Replace Library, Stage and 2nd Floor Chairlifts with Ramps
- Replace Technology Chairlift with new Chairlift
- Replace certain exterior Doors and Cafeteria Doors
- Replace select Flooring in Lobby and Corridors, and Original 1922 Building
- Install generator to support life safety and cafeteria/kitchen
- Interior Renovations and Improvements
- Replace outside lighting on Main Street